September 13, 2024
I’m sneaking in the easier blogs first - yes, the weather has been clear but also cold! And the wind makes it that much colder - I think on some of our tours the wind chill had to be in the 20’s!
Last night (the 12th) the Captain again was turning off the lights around 10PM so we could do some stargazing and look for the Northern Lights. When we got up there the captain was rattling off this star and that star, etc. and we could see the northern lights with the naked eye - not real bright but the green ones, and that was cool.
When I used my camera I got an even better picture than last time.
But let me tell you how cold and windy and crazy it was to be on Deck 10, forward, outside at 10PM in the middle of the ocean. It was all you could do to stand up straight (25+ mph wind). We were all hugging a wall or a railing while trying to get a picture of two. Absolutely frigid! π₯Άπ₯Άπ₯Ά But oh so worth it ππ
I think these northern lights have been visible for the last 4 nights - we only checked them out twice. Our day excursions have been long and tiring and you have to collapse into bed at some point. But, bottom line, we have seen them and that’s an awesome feeling π
More to come,
Betsy



No comments:
Post a Comment