Friday, September 13, 2024
Yes, I’m two days behind but lots has happened and I’ll bring you up to date before I do the blog about our first stop in Iceland.
At the end of the day after our first stop in Iceland, we learned that the weather going forward - specifically on the eastern side of Iceland - was not good. A storm was coming in with hurricane force winds, and lots of rain. The captain had to make the decision that we could not continue to the east; however, we were still going to make our second stop in Iceland - Akureyri - and then would be going to Heimay, which is on the south of Iceland before heading into Reykjavik. We would just get there by turning around and going back towards the west and then south. So we picked up an extra day at sea…
Today, about an hour or so ago, we were told that now the storm is in the south of Iceland so Heimay is canceled! Reports of 60+ knot winds down there - it’s an island off the south coast of Iceland.
We will now be docking in Reykjavik tomorrow (Saturday) and be on the ship for two nights before disembarking Monday morning.
Bear in mind, that our weather on the west side and north side has continued to be wonderful - so there are no complaints.
We have continued to have an amazing time as I will detail in the next couple of blogs.
And Ed and I now get to spend some time in Reykjavik. I do feel bad for the many folks who were already planning to stay a few extra days there - they now have 2 more!!
Hoping to get the next two blogs done by later today,
Betsy
No comments:
Post a Comment