How do you squeeze 6 months of grand-parenting into 10 days? Well, we're trying to do just that and I feel like we are succeeding. Of course, ask me how I'm feeling on July 3rd and I'll probably be sad again that the kids are miles away from New Jersey. But, we make the best of what has been placed in our path and we make it work.
We are so blessed and we thank God each and every day for Kate and Chris, Tim and Jacqueline, and our beautiful granddaughter, Madison. Madison has welcomed us into her life for these 10 days and we have been enjoying every minute of our visit. From playing with stuffed animals, dancing to music, outside time riding in our wagon, or driving our car, taking a walk down the sidewalk with our baby carriage, eating lunch or dinner in a restaurant, swimming in the pool or ocean, digging in the sand, reading a bedtime story, carrying her from car seat to crib as she sleeps in my arms, dressing her for the day, making her breakfast or lunch and helping her eat - and babysitting while Tim and Jacqueline enjoy some much needed 'adult time' - it's been a whirlwind and it's been wonderful.
I will share a picture montage of our visit; the pictures are a good reminder but the memories? Well, they are forever etched in our hearts and minds.


No comments:
Post a Comment