Yes, we are traveling again, heading Into the Midnight Sun
Finally, our 2020 cruise that was canceled due to Covid is happening. Called "Into the Midnight Sun", we are traveling on Viking Cruises from Bergen, Norway - up the North Cape, and then back via the Shetland and Orkney Islands, Edinburgh, Scotland, and ending in London. We have looked at this trip for many years, booked it for June 2020 (it was canceled) and then rebooked it for June 2022. We are so excited that it's finally happening. Ed is fascinated as this trip follows a route that the Vikings may have taken all those years ago. And Ed loves all Viking history. Some of the excursions that have been booked reflect that history.
Of course we are still dealing with testing negative for Covid, both before we fly, most likely on the ship, and then to get back into the USA. I actually contracted Covid a couple of weeks ago so it may be better for me as I now have proof of my positive test and my letter from my physician stating that I'm fully recovered, even though I could continue to show a positive test result. Ed didn't get Covid, although he did have the Flu - go figure. So again we will wear our masks on the plane and when on tour buses, etc. so as to avoid any Covid germs. We survived the Greece trip so I have no doubt we will conquer this one as well.Speaking of the Midnight Sun, yes, the sun rises over there around 4:15 a.m. and sets around 11:00 p.m. I'm hoping the weather will be dry as I've been watching the weather for the past couple of weeks and all I see is rain, rain, rain. I hope the weather channel app is wrong. But it will be cool either way so we've packed long shirts, pants and jeans, heavier jackets. rain coats, and are even bringing along hats, a scarf and gloves. Some of our excursions are outside all day so we want to be prepared.
We fly on Friday, June 10th. Today is Thursday and we are all packed, the suitcases are closed and locked and we're ready to go. We fly overnight to Copenhagen and then a quick flight into Bergen, Norway. We fly home from London on June 25th.
So welcome to the newest blog - I hope to keep up with it as I did with Greece. And this time I remembered the correct SD card so I can load pictures from my 35mm camera onto my computer and upload them to the blog.
Keep checking back for new postings - until then,
Betsy and Ed


No comments:
Post a Comment