And, while I was away, our beautiful daughter, Kate, turned 25 years old - not sure where that quarter of a century went but WOW! She is so very amazing and we love her very much...Happy Birthday Kate!
We are at sea now heading to Vigo, Spain, but I think the last time we chatted we had left Bordeaux and were also at sea... and what wonderful, long, relaxing days they are when you are at sea. Sitting, reading, napping, eating, hot stone massage... how much relaxation can one take without needing to do something?
Well we found a good 'hangout' spot - The Martini Bar. Who knew I would like martinis so much? Now these are not your standard gin martini with olives - yuck! I would not like those, although you can choose that option. I'm talking about a couple pages of different flavors of Martinis. So many to choose from that one way is to order the "Flight" - a small sampling of 6 different drinks including the Classic, Peartini, Sunset Martini, Raspberry Lemonade, Appletini, and Pomegranate And the bartenders are so talented that they set up the small glasses, prepare all six drinks and pour them simultaneously - an amazing feat to say the least. So yes, this is what is entertaining us whilst at sea - not a bad way to go if I do say so myself.
And the Martini Bar itself is fairly amazing - the bar surface is refrigerated to the point of ice crystals forming on the top of the bar - sort of like the inside of a freezer that you have to defrost. So your drink sits there and stays cold while you are sipping it.
My favorites so far? The Raspberry Lemonade (although it goes down way too fast) and the Pomegranite. Ed loves the Peartini and Appletini and Pomegranite as well.
Our next port was Bilbao, Spain....and my next blog will get back to our excursions, which may or may not be more interesting than hearing about our drinking exploits..
See you soon....
Betsy
No comments:
Post a Comment