Friday, January 26, 2024

Rome to Barcelona - and Places In-Between!


It's travel time again as we spent 2023 closer to home, visiting our children and grandchildren (Virginia and Colorado Springs). Additionally, a family trip to Bermuda in late June was one of the highlights of the year - having all of us together is always such a blessing! We then enjoyed the rest of the summer on Long Beach Island. 


Now we're about to embark on a trip to Italy, France, and Spain - we are flying to Rome and will stay 4 nights, seeing all the iconic stuff - with private tours lined up for a walking tour of Rome, the Vatican museums, the Roman Forums and Colosseum. On our own we plan to see the Borghese Gallery, Castel Sant'Angelo, the Spanish Steps, walk along the Via Veneto, and whatever else presents itself. 




We then transfer to Civitavecchia to board the Viking Cruise Ship, Saturn. We will cruise to Florence (overnight stay), Villefranche-sur-Mer (Monaco and Nice), Marseille, Montepellier, and finally Barcelona, where we disembark and spend an additional 3 nights there. Our tours in Barcelona include a day trip to Montserrat and a walking tour of Barcelona. On our own we plan to see the Sagrada Familia and visit Park Guell (Gaudi inspired).

My plan is to blog as often as I can; and, of course, I never know about the internet and whether I can also post pictures - but I'll do my best. I'm doing this intro blog so I can remember how this blog works but as I type, I realize it's like riding a bike - all very familiar.

So join us on this journey if you wish - my main reason for blogging is so we can keep a record of our travels. But sharing it with friends and family is fun too. Remember when we used to do this by handwriting in travel journals?? - I have to say, I prefer computers and typing now!!

See you in Rome!

Betsy


No comments:

Post a Comment